These first date tips are written based on several years of experience of coaching clients, and going on dates myself. Ok, so you’re on your first date with someone who you potentially like. Make sure to keep the conversation light and informal. Think of the things you’d say to a friend. Think of it as, “I’m getting to know the other person before we can get intimate”. The key is to remain relaxed, and not think too much of what you’re going to say. Here are some first date tips for men conversation ideas:
First date tips for men – Topics to talk about:
– Highlights from your life. This should be the most interesting stuff that has happened to you over the course of the past week. It can have a “Seinfeld” type of style to it. Little observations can be really funny if your delivery is good.
– Interesting stories of yours. I’ve traveled a bunch when I was younger, so I can talk about my travels for hours. This is good because it will let her open up about interesting stories from her life as well. Don’t fake interest (women are really good at knowing when you’re genuinely interested and when you’re not).
– Your passions. This is an awesome first date tip for men. I love discussing my big dreams and ambitions with women. This lets me rate them as a potential partner as well. If someone doesn’t think big, I can’t see myself being in a long term relationship with them.
– Horoscopes/Superstitious stuff. This is like crack for girls. They love this type of soul mate stuff. I’m not huge on it, but I know a little bit here and there so I can hold my own. If you want something really easy to rely on, just use this. The above points are generally better for establishing comfort though.
First date tips for men – Topics to avoid:
– Don’t discuss technical topics/sports (unless she’s into them). Most women will find this type of conversation boring. You definitely don’t want your date to be bored if you’re trying to hook up later on. For more advice on what to do to seal the deal when it comes down to it, visit Best Dating Manual (link below).
– Negative things about yourself. This is pretty straight forward. You want to throw in a couple of negatives that she will have as well (your room is messy, you’re sensitive, etc).
– Don’t talk about her past boyfriends on the first date. This can lead down the road leading to her either liking them, or feeling down because they mistreated her.